Translate

Monday, September 17, 2012

Headaches, Holograms and Hell Yeah's

HEADACHES!

Earlier this week I found a program that works with 3DS Max to help generate buildings to place into games and animations.  It creates really custom and/or random sizes depending on what you want it to do.  It can even do interiors.  You can download the program from the creators website:  http://tysonibele.com

It's called BG+ (Building Generator plus)


The only downside was when I tried to export it to my game engine, it gave me a huge number of errors on why it didn't like the pre-made building.  I contacted the creator and he is working on fixing the program so I don't receive the errors anymore.  Awesome guy!


HOLOGRAMS!

While I waited to hear back from the building generator guy, I played around in the game engine.  One of the items we need for the level are holograms that will project from skyscrapers for AD and such kinda like this:



So in turn I played around and ended up turning one of my buildings into a giant hologram:

The one on the left is just see-through and glows while the one on the right flickers and shakes a bit.  I think the one on the right is more convincing (when not in a still image) and will be what we use.  I just need to figure out how to project a image from a virtual camera in the level, kinda like the way a security camera works, only the monitor you watch it on is a hologram.


HELL YEAH'S!

Over the past 2 days I took a small break from the video game world and decided to create a website for Skyride Studios.  Getting things prepped and ready for later in the year when the trailer for this project is done and I can use the site as it's launch.  In the past two days I've had about 80 unique visitors a day which for my standards is pretty high.  I'm excited and can't wait to see how this all unfolds.  If you want to take a look at the site, you can view it here:
www.skyridestudios.com

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment