Translate

Monday, July 27, 2015

In the details.

Lately we've been working on making the city feel like a city.  Lights, telephone poles, sewers, alleyways, they all make the feel of the game come to life. That's where the quality comes from and being that we only have one person, ME, doing the modeling for the game, it's hard to get all the quality I want into the world without worrying about or fixing something else that needs my immediate attention.

I say all of that to say, I recently re-worked a final version of a shop I had done back in 2013 called "Garden of Weeden."  It's one of the many shops in the game and will probably be one of the more comical pieces.  Here's a side by side comparison of of the version of the shop, not much longer than 2 years ago, and the one today:


I hope at the end of the project, when all is said and done, that it really feels like a game made by a big studio.  The style, quality and details, even though they won't be AAA in scope, will at least give off the feeling that this could've been made by one.

I'm doing my best to make sure everyone gets to play this game as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment