Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Graveyards and Gardens

Well hello again.  Sorry for the long wait, it's been a crazy month (as always).  You're probably itching to know what's been new, so here's what I got for ya: (keep in mind all of the photo's have not been altered.  It's all in game screen caps, the only thing I added was the Skyride logo.)

So I wanted to start from the beginning and get the feel of the game set up the best I could.  I drew inspiration from games like the new Tomb Raider game which has GREAT production design.  All these really pretty sections of the game you see as you go through the level.  So I did my best to try to capture that kind of feel: (really, if you haven't played the game, go rent it. It's masterful.)

Tomb Raider:





City of Rain:





In the story, someone dies (I don't want to give away who) and the main character takes their body up on a hill that overlooks Rain.  This is the spot where he buries that body:


Notice how I'm not trying to give away where the location is. :-p

Also somewhere on the hill is a cemetery I've been working on.  It's still a work in progress but I'll show you a sneak peak of what it looks like at night:



I've just started today on it, so give it another week and I should be done.  I'm slowly working my way back to the city.
1. Because these small area's are super important and need to get done
and
2. Because I have SO many more buildings to texture and I don't want to do them. (^_^)

If pictures aren't your thing, you can always watch this gameplay video of the intro and park area I had made a few days ago.  Bonus is the music track will be in the game and has been composed by my talented composer L.A.Z.

The park you will see is actually inside of the city and is about 75% done.  I have to add a few more special spots here and there but you'll get the idea.  It's suppose to look abandoned and forgotten with overgrowing trees.  Watch it in HD for great detail.  

Enjoy:




Well, that's all I got for now.  If you like what you see, I'd love to hear about it.  Or even if you don't.  Also, I'm currently looking for someone who'd be interested in character design/animation/implementation.  If you or someone you know would like to work on this video game with me, shoot me a email at: will@skyridestudios.com and we'll talk.  Thanks a lot.  Later, Screen Slavers.

No comments:

Post a Comment